mainly baby photos with a touch of family updates

Monday, October 16, 2006

Mommy Who?

I have been recovering from my surgery for the last week. This means no heavy lifting, which means no lifting Moose. So Cory has been on Super-Daddy-Duty for the last week. He has not complained a bit.

But I'm ready to complain, because now Moose likes Daddy more than me.

That's right. I'm out of the loop for a lousy week, and Moose only wants Daddy. He wants Daddy to hold him, Daddy to love on him, and then to gaze upon the fabulousness that is Daddy. When I will sit in the floor and try to play with him, Moose will crane his neck just to see Daddy.

I have been able to hold him a bit more lately, but with his flailing appendages (that seem to have direct aim for my sore spots) I have to be very careful.

I saw my surgeon for my follow-up visit today, and he said to be very careful picking up Moose, that I could pull a stitch and get a hernia. He also said I was recovering very well, and I could go back to work next Monday.

Cory will be going out of town for the first week of November. I will have Moose all to myself, for a whole week. Originally I was very annoyed about this, because you just know Moose is going to get sick or something. But now, I am just looking forward to becoming the new fave.