mainly baby photos with a touch of family updates

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Birthday Boy

We are so lucky to have such a wonderful baby in our lives. He completes our family, and makes us whole.

My pregnancy was a happy surprise that Cory and I embraced. We enjoyed watching my belly grow, and seeing Moose grow in ultrasounds and such. When I was diagnosed with preclampsia, the happy birth I had planned in my mind crashed and burned. All of a sudden, 10 weeks early, I was having the baby. Nothing was ready, the nursery wasn't perfect yet, we weren't READY. But, we didn't have a choice. Of course, I didn't know it then, but there was no reason to be ready for him to come home. After my emergency c-section, Moose stayed in the hospital for two months before he came home.

I remember holding the two pounds, twelve ounces in my hands cradled against my chest in kangaroo kare. I look back at the pictures, and videos, and I can't believe he was ever that small!

He has surprised us all by catching up with a term baby in size, and he's not too far behind in development. We are so lucky that there don't seem to be in problems due to his prematurity.

He has grown into a healthy baby boy. I guess he's not really a baby anymore. But I'm okay with that I think.
Click HERE for the special surprise.