Tubes!
Well, we made through the surgery. Moose went in to see Dr. Hughes on Tuesday and they decided to put tubes in right away. So we had an appointment this morning at 6:45 AM for surgery.
I carefully set my alarm clock for 5:20 AM.Liz: (thinking aloud) "Okay, so that will give us enough time to hit snooze once, then eat breakfast and then get Moose up, at all of us out the door by 6:15, to get to hospital by 6:45. Perfect."
Cory: "whatever"
several hours later, the next morning
Liz: Hmmm, it seems later than 5:20, I feel unusually rested. Wouldn't it be awful if my alarm didn't go off this morning? (small panic sound)
I casually lean over to glance at alarm clock
Alarm Clock: 6:15
Liz:*!#$% GETUPWE'RELATE HOLY $%^#&!
Cory: "okay"
We proceeded to run around and get Moose out of bed and changed in about negative 2 minutes, Scout taken out, and the cats fed in about three or four. We were out the door at 6:25.
We were (thankfully) on time, we arrived right at a quarter till.
We only had to wait for a few minute in the waiting room, and then the nurse called us back. And the nurse turned out to be, Rhiannon's mom!!
So we had a buddy in the pediatric area with us, she talked us through everything and got Moose ready to go back. We were back there a while, I'm not sure how long. Then they told us to kiss him and they were taking him back. I was okay until he twisted around and looked at me over the nurse who was carrying away's shoulder. I got a little choked up. But Rhiannon's mom reassured us.We went out to the waiting room, and I looked at my watch approximately 100,045, 098 times during the ten minutes that we sat in the waiting room. Then a different nurse called us back and we met with the doctor in a little room. He told us that one of Moose's ears was so infected, that he had to make a small incision and drain out some gross stuff. But other than that, everything went smoothly. For the next 24 hours I am giving him Tylenol, and he's acting pretty normal.
We got home around 10, and I just fed him lunch, and he is napping. I actually brought a little work home to work on too, so I am off to work on that. Just wanted to update you guys, and let you know that Moose is doing fine!


<< Home